Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Common Gound

When it comes to religion, Atheists and Christians* agree on almost everything. They only disagree about one god.

Christians may be offended when you reject their source of holy writ, but they are themselves rejecting the Torah, the Quran and the Bhagavad Gita.

I've been told by Christians - on many occasions - that morality comes directly from their god, and thus our laws and politics should reflect that. There's also a pretty noisy group of Muslims that say the same thing, except with entirely different laws.

I've had several Christians tell me that they believe in god - and that I should as well - because they've felt his presence. Of course, I've had a Hindu and a Jew tell me the same thing.

Ad infinitum.

Remember kids: we're all heretics, some just a little more than others.


* I don't want to pick on Christianity. Feel free to apply this post to the religion of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment